- High quality high-resolution cryo-EM data collection and cryo-EM grid preparation are performed using Talos Arctica at 200kV using K2
DED. Any kind of biological sample, like purified homogeneous protein samples, DNA-protein complexes, RNA-protein complexes,
viruses and virus-like particles are imaged using cryo-EM.
- A wide range of biological samples (Molecular weight from 100-kDa to 100-MDa) are imaged using the Talos Arctica cryo-TEM. At this moment, we don’t recommend to image any biological sample, which is less than 100-KDa. It is better to try X-ray crystallography if molecular weight of biological sample is less than 100-kDa.
- Initially, any biological sample will be visualized by room temperature TEM. Sample will be processed for cryo-EM, if sample is monodispersed and homogeneous. Therefore, no cryo-EM request will
be entertained without proper RT TEM data.
- We don’t image any blood sample or lipid vesicles directly isolated from blood sample. Also, we don’t perform any image acquisition of whole bacterial cells, and tissue samples.
- We don’t image gold-particle or silver particles using cryo-TEM.
- We don’t image any plant sample, Dairy Products and food samples using cryo-TEM.